University of Notre Dame Law School
Juris Doctor, 1990
University of Notre Dame
National Institute of Trial Advocacy
Boulder Colorado, 1994
Cathedral Preparatory School
Erie, Pennsylvania, 1983
Peer/Cient Rating: 1
- AV Preeminent Peer Rating 4.7/5.0
- Client Rating 5.0/5.0
|2001 to present||WILLIAM J. KELLY, JR., ESQUIRE
Owner. Engaged in all phases of legal representation for a large client base with emphasis in personal injury, insurance defense, premises liability, professional negligence, auto liability, construction disputes and family law.
|1995 to 2001||ELDERKIN, MARTIN, KELLY & MESSINA, P.C.
Partner. Engaged in all phases of legal representation for a large client base with emphasis in personal injury, products liability, premises liability, professional negligence, auto liability, labor and family law.
|1990 to 1994||VINSON & ELKINS L.L.P. (www.velaw.com)
Associate. Practice Area: Civil litigation, primarily personal injury defense, products liability, professional negligence and workers compensation.
- Admitted to practice before Pennsylvania Supreme Court, all Pennsylvania State Courts, United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Formerly admitted to practice before Texas Supreme Court, all Texas State Courts and United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Former Member, Texas Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Lake Erie Claims Association
- Insurance Club of Erie
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Erie County Bar Association
- Arbitrator, Court of Common Pleas of Erie County, Pennsylvania
- Past President, Erie Youth Hockey Association
- Past Vice President, Cathedral Prep Alumni Board of Directors
- Past Vice President and Charter Member, Saint Thomas More Society
- Past Trustee, Cathedral Prep Academic Excellence Foundation
- Lector, St. Peter Cathedral
- Member of Serra International
- Past Director, Lake Shore Country Club
- Past Coach, Erie Youth Soccer Association
- Past Member, Erie Mens' Hockey League
- Date of Birth: October 8, 1964
- Place of Birth: Erie, Pennsylvania
- Martial Status: Married to Barbara Cagle Kelly, four children (Jack, Joe, Patrick and Mary Grace)
Articles, Publications and Lectures:
- "Legal Perspective: Frequently Asked Questions by Personal Injury Claimants", Published by General Electric Credit Union Quarterly Newsletter.
- "The Basic Insurance Policies, Part III: Errors and Omissions Policies", prepared for Texas Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, Advanced Civil Trial Seminar.
- "Medical Malpractice Issues for the Young Physician: A General Overview", prepared for and presented to second year students at Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- "Erie County Bar Association Stepping Out Program" - Guest speaker in a program designed to apprise graduating high school seniors of basic legal issues and theories.
- "Erie County Bar Association Judges and Lawyers Back to School Program"
- "Twelve on the Law" - Guest speaker on a "Live at Five" NBC News Program on a bi-weekly basis addressing various current issues in the law. Topics included: host liability; contracts; tenant's rights; home improvement contracts, credit reporting problems; auto repossession; fair debt collection practices; driving under the influence in Pennsylvania; why and when an individual needs an attorney; sovereign immunity; Pennsylvania Lemon Law; tort reform; statute of limitations; civil v. criminal distinctions in wake of Simpson case; personal injury settlements; pet owner liability; limited v. full tort auto insurance issues; divorce and equitable distribution; malpractice claims; and comparative negligence.
- "Why Did They Ask That Question? - A Survey of Permissible and Impermissible Questions
- To Prospective Employees" - Delivered to the Human Resources Management Association of Northwest Pennsylvania.
- "Pivotal Trial Issues – Deadman's Act and Ex-Parte Contact With Opponent's Employees"
- Erie County Bar Association CLE Program.